Sunday, April 24, 2005

Letters from our friend Andre of SMA 2 Yogyakarta...

Dear Andre... and everybody,
Thank you for your interesting questions..... I try my best to answer
it one by one... and I am sorry for my poor English....

On Apr 5, 2005 5:14 PM, cothax2003 wrote:

> I think ur an old man with white lab suit, wearing geek round
> glasses n white hair. Sorry but thats what I thought if I wondered a
> robot developer! But after I saw ur pic, I think ur rather looks
> like Robert Kiyosaki than Albert Einstein!

oops... I am just ordinary people like you..... I am just a humble
man..trying to play around by making and developing robot...


> Btw sir Im interestin 2 ur blog! Robotic stuff ha? it sounds like a
> rare topics in my hood. How far is ur robot development sir? R u
> gonna send them here? R u working a useful thing sir? I mean is,
> sometimes an indonesian who develope a robot is just proud that he
> can make a robot. But they dont think 2 make it more useful. am I
> right?

To work toward my PhD degree, I have to develop something new in
robotics.. So I have developed "one-legged hopping robot", that was
very very difficult to control... I use more than 6 computers to
compute the appropriate controller parameters.. and it took more than
one week for computer to complete it.... You can imagine... if we use
manual calculator....may be need a year or more.....

But that robot has no practical meaning..., because hopping robot is
still far away to be completed.. many very difficult thing remain to
be solve......

But after I got my PhD.. I am working on something practical,
developing ultrasonic motor .... motor that very special.... because
it can be controlled very precisely.... It can be used for controlling
even missile ......

> Actually Im lot more curious about Japanese culture sir. U know Im a
> social people, so if ur talkin bout robotic things, maybe I'll just
> shut n nod my head. coz I dont know what ur talking about. So how
> good is it compare 2 indonesia?

Technologically... Japanese robot is very advanced... but actually in
terms of human capability... Indonesia is not too bad.... As you might
know..., 3 years ago.. our team win the international robot competion
defeating Japan, US, France and China... So.. it is a matter of how
strong our spirit to develop our country.....

>U've stayed there for 5 years
> right? So u must be learn a lot! So can u tell what'r they used 2
> do, which is polite, n which one is not, how they interact each
> others n stuff, esp d teenagers. Coz my bro here is crazy about Japs
> thing. Well... mostly the comics, but I think it's good 2 right?

We can interact easily with Japanese.. because we sharing similar
value... as Asian people..., they are very polite, especially to us as
foreigner... So many interesting things here in Japan.. so I suggest
all of you to come and see directly....

Or..., you can visit the following interesting site..:
http://www.japaneselifestyle.com.au/culture/culture.html


> Maybe thats all for d first time sir, I hope that I could know u
> better. Its nice 2 know u... One more thing, Welcome 2 dis social
> class sir!

OK... thanks again for accepting me as your group member...
Have a nice day....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home